|10x16 Wooden Amish Structure with Landscaping|
And while we realize that Springtime is still a long ways off, now might be the time to begin thinking about how you can beautify your backyard in just a few months. Sheds Unlimited can only do so much to make your backyard beautiful, but when the sun starts shining and things begin to thaw and warm up a bit, adding landscaping to your Amish backyard structure can make your backyard shine even brighter! A small investment and a Saturday of fun can make an incredible difference in how your Amish Outdoor Structures will fit nicely into the backyard.
10 tips for beautifying your Amish Shed or Garage Structure
- Cut plastic strips 2.5-3 feet wide and place it around the Amish Sheds in PA or Prefab Car Garage on your property. The plastic will serve to keep down any sort of growth that might push through the mulch.
- Add Mulch 3-4 inches thick on top of the plastic keeping things clear around the door areas. And be sure not to pile it against the wooden siding on the building! Doing this could hold in moisture and cause rot. Leave a bit of air space to keep your building dry and safe.
- Create a swirl or a wider mulch area in some places to avoid a overly formal look. In the swirl you can place your grill, add a rusty bench or plant bushes and plants.
- Place 2-3 evergreen bushes at the corners. The evergreen should be sized in proportion to the size and height of your Amish Backyard Structure. For a standard economy Amish Outdoor Structure I would recommend a 3' tall evergreen. Be careful that you do not purchase one that will grow to 5-6 feet.
- Add some colored plants and other greenery along the length of your Amish storage structure and around the gable end. Plants will color add a very nice look to your Amish structures and to your backyard.
- Buy flower boxes for the windows on your Amish Backyard Structure and plant hanging flowers in the boxes. Just be aware that they must be watered regularly due to limited soil in the flowerbox.
- Find an old wagon or a milk carton or some other antique and incorporate it into the landscaping. Fill the wagon with dirt and add plants that hang down over the sides.
- Create potted plant arrangements and set them in the mulch or on a stone paver driveway. These can work great between and beside the garage doors on Amish Garage Structures.
- Place a clock on the Amish outdoor structure, or a birth bath, a bird house or a hanging light in your landscaping to add more charm and color.
- Lay some patio pavers in an area of the landscaping and add an outdoor table and chair set for better looks and a cozy place to hang out.
|10x14 Classic Gambrel Shed|
These are just a few of the many ways you can add charm and coziness to the Amish backyard structures on your property. Keep in mind that you might need to experiment a bit to find out what looks best in your backyard. Try something and if you don't like the look of it with your Amish Shed or Garage Structure, keep on going and try something new. There are countless ways you can make your backyard beautiful with a fancy Amish structure and some well placed landscaping.
Feel free to browse the photos of Amish Structures on the Sheds Unlimited website. You will find many ideas to help increase the beauty of your backyard. See the wooden Amish Structures gallery for landscaping an economy building. Visit the Classic Amish Outdoor Structures to visualize how it could look or check out the Premier Garden Buildings and Legacy Modular Structures which work great for a Modular Garage with Apartment. We even offer lots of photos of our Amish Garage Structures including detached two car garages. For a quick look at landscaping ideas for an Amish Shed or Garage Structure, see the Car Garage Ideas Catalog or the Amish Portable Structures catalog.
We would love to hear your ideas for creating a lovely backyard space with an Amish Structure. What are your ideas for creating a beautiful backyard space?